The TrainAsONE Garmin app automatically downloads TrainAsONE workouts directly to your watch, and then guides you through the individual steps by running pace or heart rate.
It runs on the Garmin Forerunner 645, 735XT, 935, fēnix 5 & tactix Charlie and can be download from the Garmin app store.
Alternatively, and also for many other Garmin watches you can copy to your watch via a computer
You will need to connect your watch to the Garmin Connect app on a smartphone or tablet. This will also allow your watch to automatically upload completed activities, so its recommended for all users anyway.
Please install Garmin Connect on your smartphone or tablet if you have not already done so before continuing.
Once you have Garmin Connect installed you can proceed with installing the TrainAsONE app. There are a few steps, but you only need to do it once:
Loading the TrainAsONE app onto your watch
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone or tablet
- Press the menu () button, and select “Connect IQ™ Store”
- Type “TrainAsONE” in the search bar and press search ()
- Select the “TrainAsONE” app
- Press the “Download” button, and then “Allow”
- Press menu (), “Garmin Devices” and the “Sync Now” button
The TrainAsONE app should now be on your watch and ready to link to your TrainAsONE account.
Linking the TrainAsONE watch app to your TrainAsONE account
- On your watch tap (do not hold) the “Up” () button until you see the TrainAsONE screen
- It will ask you to “grant access to TrainAsONE on your phone”
- On your phone or tablet swipe down from the top to view notifications and select “Connect IQ: TrainAsONE need you to sign in”
- Login to TrainAsONE with your email and password as normal and select “Grant” to allow your watch to download your workouts
- Switch back to your watch. It may take a few moments for it to pickup (it may help to press “Down” () then “Up” () to switch away and back to the TrainAsONE app)
- It should say “Updating workout” then show you your next workout
You are now all setup. All that is left to do is to run!
Opening TrainAsONE on your watch
- Tap the “Up” () button until you see the TrainAsONE screen
- It will automatically try to update your next workout then show the details
- If you do not have a connection it will try for a few moments then switch to showing your last downloaded workout
Running with TrainAsONE on your watch
- Switch to TrainAsONE (tap the “Up” () button until you see the TrainAsONE screen)
- Press play () to open the Garmin workout menu, then press again to run
Accessing other TrainAsONE app features
- While in the app hold “Up” () to open the menu
- You can refetch you next workout, switch TrainAsONE users or open TrainAsONE (on your phone)
Workout storage full (“No workout steps”)
Garmin watches can only store a limited number of workouts. If you see the message no workout steps you should delete old workouts. You can do this via the watch UI, but it is usually quicker to connect to a computer and delete all files from the GARMIN/WORKOUTS directory. Please note that workouts are different to activities – deleting activities from the watch will not affect this.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do within the app to control this – we have reported the issue to Garmin and can only hope they fix it in a future update.
If you have any questions, hit a snag, or have feedback on these instructions please just drop us an email to [email protected] or ask us a question from the TrainAsONE web app.
Note: Technically it is a TrainAsONE Garmin watch widget rather than app, but its referred to as an app above as most runners are already familiar with phone apps