Whilst the TrainAsONE AI training plan is our preferred option, there are times when you may wish follow a more traditional ‘run-walk’ couch to 5k style plan. This is maybe more applicable for beginner runners or those to returning to running following a significant hiatus or following injury. Switching to our couch to 5k plan (or back) is easily done within your Training Settings:
1. Go to your Training Settings.
2. Click the ‘Update training settings’ button.
3. Select the ‘Couch to 5k’ option of the Training Algorithm field.
As optional extras, you may also wish to:
- Edit the ‘Start date’ field to change when to begin your Couch to 5k programme.
- Use the ‘Start run’ field to specify that you do not wish to begin the programme at the start, but rather ‘jump / skip’ a week or two, or conversely have a more gentle start.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the ‘Save’ button. Your plan will then be rebuilt accordingly.