Have you completed an assessment run, but not happy with your performance for some reason, or maybe you feel that you have had a breakthrough in fitness and believe an assessment might help hone your plan. If so, then there are two primary ways to approach this:
1. You can simply run the assessment according to its general format, i.e:
- Perceived Effort runs have the 2 minutes standing start / stop steps with easy running in between;
- 6 minute assessments have warm-up / cooldown steps with the fast all-out 6 minute step;
- and the 3.2 km assessment have the warm-up / cooldown steps with the all-out 3.2 km step.
Whilst a Perceived Effort is generally appropriate on most days, it would be more prudent to run a fast assessment on a day that TrainAsONE has scheduled a speed session, e.g. swapping an Interval workout for a 6 minute assessment run.
Once run, simply ensure that TrainAsONE classifies your assessment correctly. If not, correct it. Please see this FAQ on how to correct the classification of a run.
2. Re-classify your previous assessment as Freestyle. This will trigger a plan build and cause such an assessment to be scheduled. This is more appropriate in the case where your performance was not as expected for some reason.